Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Daily Challenge - DAY TWENTY - Childhood Memories

DAY TWENTY

Describe 3 Specific Moments From Your Childhood

{1} That one time when we went to Disneyland.
I don't remember a lot of specifics about the trip but I remember the trip itself. I remember my mom making us wear matching shirts every day, maybe so we didn't get lost, I don't know but at the time I didn't really mind. I remember loving Splash Mountain. I remember my sister getting lost. She was looking at toys and claims we left her but really she just didn't come along when she was supposed to. Anyways, I remember my mom grabbing her and hugging her when we found her and I'm pretty sure she was crying. Then we lost my dad. He's a wanderer. I remember meeting a lot of princesses and getting a lot of autographs from them.

{2} Kindergarten.
For some reason I remember a lot of things about Kindergarten. Maybe it was the teacher that made it so memorable, I don't know. For example, on St. Patrick's Day the custodian came in with a garbage bag that was moving and he said he caught a leprechaun! It shook and shook like it was trying to get out and when he opened the bag only glitter came out. I still to this day don't know how he did it. 
I also remember my teacher singing songs on her guitar at the front of the class. I remember field trips. One time we went to my dad's work (he cut meat at Macy's at the time) and I remember going to watch him work. It was cold in that room, I remember that.

{3} That one time when we moved.
I was only 7 going on 8 when we moved. But I can remember it being difficult even at that age. I had a best friend that lived right next door that I was sad to leave. I remember on my last day of first grade my teacher separated the class into groups of who their teacher would be the next year and I was the only one left sitting on the floor when she got done and I remember that feeling so awkward. To this day I wonder what my life would have been like if we wouldn't have moved. Though I'm incredibly glad we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment