Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daily Challenge - DAY NINE - People Who Have Influenced Me

DAY NINE

5 People Who Have Influenced Me

{1} My Parents
I think that's what mom's and dad's are for right? I mean they teach you everything you need to know. Right from wrong, how to treat others, and other important life lessons. 
I think of my mom as my best friend. I can talk to her about anything and I learn from her every single day. She made us clean every Saturday before we could go play and I hated that growing up but now, I thank her for teaching me that. We would also take turns cooking dinner and thank goodness for that because now I enjoy it. And I still call her any time I need help with a recipe, a project, or directions. Mom's know all.
My dad and I are the most alike I think. He has taught me so much about responsibility and taking care of others. He works so hard and it's all for his family and I look up to him for that. He is also so handy and so willing to help others in any way that he can. I would like to think that I have that quality also. The willingness to help. He is also so smart and taught me the importance of school and studying. If I ever needed help in school, he would make it his mission to help me. Even if it was a subject he wasn't very familiar in. He would do research for hours to help with one assignment. He wants what is best for everyone and I admire that.



{2} Michael
I learn from Michael every day as well. How to have a good time, how to handle things with confidence, and most importantly, how to be myself and not care what others think of me. He has most certainly taught me that. I feel I am stronger, more confident in being myself, and more outgoing because of him. He loves me for me and has taught me that everyone will do the same. Michael is great with kids and I just know that when it comes to parenting he will have even more to teach me.


{3} My Sisters
Can I use them all as one? Well I'm doing it. even though I am the oldest, I can still learn from my little sisters. 
Jodi has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She is kind to everyone and she is so fun to be around. We always laugh and have a good time.
Jamie is so confident. She has the kind of confidence I do not have. And the thing is, she hasn't always been confident like this. I don't know what changed but now, she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her and she isn't afraid to stand up for herself.
Katelyn has really opened up lately. She has such a fun and sarcastic sense of humor and we laugh together all the time. She has taught me about being carefree.



{4} Karen
Karen was my cheer coach for my sophomore and junior year. She was the best coach/leader we could have ever had. Cheering wasn't the most important thing to her. Grades, teamwork  community service, and school spirit were where we thrived as a group. Yet she still made time to make us the best team she could. Conditioning. I was in the best shape of my life. She always made us set goals at the beginning of the year and then really helped us work towards those goals. I accomplished so much because of that. Then i got the opportunity to work for her with her non-profit organization Cauliflower Retreat. Helping young girls with real tough issues like body image and fitting in. It was very rewarding and I learned a lot. 


{5} Nice Facebook Lady
I have a story for you. I'm sure many of you have joined the group on Facebook called Tremonton Classifieds. Well someone was selling a baby bather today and I am always looking for ways to save money on things I'll need for Baby Z. Now this is so stupid but she was selling it for $8.00 and I asked her if she could hold it till next week. I know what you're thinking, "You don't have $8.00??" Honestly, no. This has been one of those weeks where the paycheck was gone before we got it and so I just needed to wait until the beginning of next week so I could cash a check. Well, someone so kindly offered to buy it for me. I seriously like wanna cry because it's the nicest thing every. I mean it's only eight bucks. Not like she was offering to spend a ton on me, some random stranger, but it was seriously so kind. Before I could tell her not to, I received a message saying she was on her way to pay for it and to just go pick it up. 
So to MariKae Murie Leavitt, Thank you! That wasn't necessary but it was so kind and I will never forget it. I will try to teach my daughter of this kind of kindness. The world needs more people like you.


Someday I hope to make an impact on someone as these people have made an impact on me. 
My biggest life goal has always been to make a difference, and I believe every single one of these people have made a difference. At least to me.

3 comments:

  1. Go Karen!! She is definitely one of my influences, too! That is such a pretty picture of her.
    You are so kind hearted Peesh. I wish I could hang out wih you everyday because I know you could teach me a thing or two! You already have made a difference in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenz I just love you! We seriously gotta hang out ASAP and you taught me a lot too! And I'm sure you'll be getting lots of mommy questions from me!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely not super mom, but ill be happy to try!! :)

    ReplyDelete