Thursday, November 25, 2010

DAY 25

I know I TOTALLY skipped day 24 but that one's topic is where I live. I thought it would be a good time to post pics of my house but I'm in the middle of cleaning it as we speak. Well sort of. Anyways I will take pictures once I get it all clean tomorrow!


It just so happens that this one fell on Thanksgiving Day so that's a lot of detail. Sort of. But it was a busy day.

I woke up, in my opinion, far too early. 8:00 am! I know! I honestly don't know why I was up so early. I was watchin TV for a bit when I realized I had left all of my incredients for my green bean casserole at my mom's the night before. So I headed over there. Just in time to MISS breakfast. Bummer dude. When I got there they were watching the Thanksgiving Day parade. (of course) and I asked what I had missed because I didn't think it started till 9. My mom said, "Well we heard Carrie Underwood sing." I said, "Oh I like her. What song did she sing?" My mom had absolutely no idea but my dad piped up and said "du du du du du du du du DO IT!" Oh! Undo it! Love that song. Haha silly dad. Then I helped my mom crush down some boxes for her recycle bin. After a few more minutes of just talking I decided to head home. So I grabbed my bag from the night before and my doll that my mom was giving me. (The doll wears my baby blessing dress so yes, it's special)

Once I got home I plopped myself on the couch and watched some more of the parade. Every commercial or so I would go in the bathroom and start getting ready. First I did my makeup then I decided I would curl my hair. It actually doesn't take me that long to curl my hair. Anyways, by this time it is about 10:22 and my pup is barking. (I say pup because only one barks the other is an angel) So, I have to feed them so they don't wake Michael up who didn't get off work until after 3 the night before. I sit and watch the parade some more. (Gotta say, didn't see anything TOO impressive..when will they have REBA perform?!) At about 10:45 or so I decided to start my green bean casserole in the crock pot. Stupid cans of beans combined with stupid can opener combined with stupid me equals having to wake Michael up to help me open a can of green beans. How pathetic. But he was kind enough (and not TOO grumpy) to come open the cans for me. Then he went back to bed and I started the casserole. I go back into the living room and watch some more parade. There's a band, some dancing penguins, and a GIANT Kool-aid pitcher. When who walks in the door? None other than Tony himself. That's my que to go wake Michael up. As Michael is trying to wake up I call my mom to ask her about the green bean casserole. (I know what you're thinking, that's like the EASIEST possible thing to make for Thanksgiving. Well if there was a way to screw up something that simple I'd be your gal. So I called for double checking. Good thing I did cuz she had me add more beans.) So of course, I send Tony to do that for me. He's always willing. AND he paid. AND he brought me back a mt. dew. Thank goodness! Haven't had one in AGES! So by this time it is about noon and we are supposed to leave for Logan at about 12:30. Michael gets ready. (I'm already ready and having a pretty cute day if I do say so myself)

We sit and watch the parade football. Of course. Turns out the Lions I believe it was...were beating the Patriots. Anyone know if they won or not? Never saw the end.
Ok so at about 12:30-ish we head for Logan. I called my sister to make sure they were on their way. Of course not. My DAD is getting ready. Lol. We get to Logan before them and chat with my Grandpa. (My Grandma is OF COURSE in the bathroom. She beautifies herself) When we got there my Grandpa went and knocked on the bathroom door and said, "Honey, everyone's here we gotta get goin." Didn't work. She still wasn't out when my parents and sisters got there. Worth a shot I guess.
As soon as my parents and sisters got there we headed up to my Aunt Donna's cute little GINORMOUS house. Plenty of room in that place for our big family. We plugged in our crockpots and waited for people to arrive. Dinner was SUPPOSED to start at 2:00. Try nearly 2:30 by the time people decided to arrive. Oh well though. It's fun chattin with family.
Before dinner, my Grandpa gathered us all around for some 'words of wisdom.' He told us things I didn't know about him. About 8 months ago he was having some troubles with his blood and had to get some transfusions. Some of his blood tests had evidence of an uncurable disease and he was diagnosed. (He didn't say the technical name so I couldn't tell ya.) He was sent to a cancer Dr. to do some other tests in his bone marrow. When the Dr. called him with the results, he said there was nothing wrong. My Grandpa went on to tell us how blessed he was to even be here after being diagnosed with a disease with no cure and then receiving news like that. Wow thanks Grandpa, good thing I only had water-proof mascara left huh? So I'm grateful for him and that we could all be there together. Only a couple people were missing, a cousing that just had a baby who was a little sick at first and still not able to travel too much.
Michael and I had to leave at about 3 because he had to be to work at 4 and I had dinner with his Grandma J and parents at 5. It was kind of tough leaving early because I feel like I wasn't there nearly long enough.
When we got home Michael rushed to get ready and I put some leftovers in a tuppeware for him to take for lunch today. I'm hoping he gets off before then though. He works too much and always lets other people go home before him if going home early is a possibility. Which I mean, is good because more money for us and he loves his job and he's good at it. But then I'm home alone and sometimes feel like I never see him.
Anywho, getting off track. So Michael leaves for work at about 3:55. (Good thing he already told his boss he would be a bit late.) And I start cleaning. I do dishes, a bit of laundry, sweep, and clean the kitches. I also put a few things away here and there because I got distracted. But that's not the point here. Once I felt like I had done a good amount of cleaning I went to the living room and hung out with Tony a bit. We talk about a lot of crap sometimes which is kinda fun. Ok, we mostly talked about his parents. Then a little AFTER 5, (cuz his parents were running late) his parents came and got us and we went to Grandma J's house who lives on Highland. We had a pretty good dinner and were there for about an hour and a half. It was a tad bit awkward because we don't see that side of the family a whole lot. They are a lot of fun and really nice but it's just weird being there without Michael. Sometimes people get Michael and Tony confused so I think a few thought I was with Tony (thinking he was Michael) I personally, don't see it. I don't think they look ANYTHING alike! Anyways. Now I'm here and Tony is at a friends house. That was my day and I hope it was in good enough detail. Can't believe I didn't take ANY pictures! Shoot!
One more thing...check out this cookie/turkey someone on my side of the family made...isn't he cute?!

ALMOST too cute to eat!
a cookie, candy corn, a reese's, a rolo and
another cookie for the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment