Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DAY 16

A song that makes you cry.
Yikes.
-Well everytime I hear "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry, I think of Stephanie, which makes me a little sad.
-Gary Allan has a song called "No Regrets" that is about his wife that committed suicide. That one is intense.
-Lady Antebellum has a song called "Hello World" that just came out and the song doesn't really make me cry but the video gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes every time. You should definitely check it out.
-There is a new song we just saw the video for, not sure who sings it for sure but it's called "Raymond" It's about a guy that is a janitor in a nursing home. He takes care of this lady that has alzheimer's disease. She keeps calling him Raymond because that was her son's name. She thinks it is still 1942. The end of the video shows the janitor going to a cemetary and finding Raymond's grave. He was killed in war. I know. Soldier killed in war and alzheimer's in one song!
-Jason Meadows sings a song called "18 Video Tapes" about a man that went to war while his wife was pregnant so before he left he made 18 video tapes. One for each year of his unborn son's life. He dies while over seas so all his son has of him are 18 video tapes. Soooo sad.

I think that's enough saddness for tonight. Go look up all of these songs especially if you are in need of a good cry.

xoxoAneciaG

No comments:

Post a Comment