Friday, April 26, 2013

RECIPE OF THE WEEK

CROCK-POT LASAGNA

I'm sure you've all seen this recipe on Pinterest, so I am not going to give you the whole recipe. 
However, I'll tell you my little secret.
Well, I can't take the credit really...
Because the secret is Michael's sauce.

Every once in a while he cooks. Usually it's spaghetti or tacos.
But I don't care it's just nice that he does cook and to not have to worry about dinner every once in a while.

Well this week Michael made spaghetti at the beginning of the week and I used the leftover sauce for crockpot lasagna!
It was delicious!

Cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, browned ground beef, and seasoned to taste. 
(Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic salt is what he usually uses I think...he tastes it until it's right.)

Full recipe -HERE-

What you'll need: Cottage cheese, shredded cheese, lasagna noodles and special sauce.

Layer One: Sauce

Layer Two: Noodles

Layer Three: Cheese Mixture
You can just read the full recipe but basically repeat those layers and cook on low for 4 hours.
But wait..let me just tell you...
I have made this a couple of times and both times it started burning around the edges at hour 3.
I don't know if my crock-pot is extra hot or what but just beware!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment