Friday, December 17, 2010

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

So I'm sitting upstairs wrapped in my Wizard of Oz Snuggie, watching Criminal Minds, thinking to myself,
"Shoot, I've seen this one."
"Hmmm...I haven't done a Flashback Friday post in a while."
and, "Dang I wish it wasn't snowing so I could go to the gym."
(I HATE driving in the snow.)
(Also, I have a new best friend, his name is GYM. We have fun together. Sometimes we dance together, sometimes he watches me try to lift weights probably laughing to himself how ridiculous I look and sometimes it's running while listening to tunes we enjoy.)
So, after my thoughts I came downstairs to blog.
What better way to sort out my thoughts than in my blog.
So...I have a few things I would like to share for FLASHBACK FRIDAY.
So much has happened this year it's crazy.
Let's look back on last Christmas shall we?

This is us at Michael's Grandma's
house last year.
Pierre, the pup you see, died
shortly after Grandma Rose did.
He couldn't live without her.

Michael in his sweet footie jammies I got him
last year trying to help me up after
crashing and buring off the papasan chair.
It was a laugh!
Us opening presents on Christmas Eve.
(we're impatient)
It's crazy how different the atmosphere will be this year.
We will be spending it with less people.
We won't be opening as many presents.
(let's face it, playing SANTA to everyone last year was fun but we can't keep affording that)
I can't believe it is only 8 days away!

Ok now for the second part of my FLASHBACK FRIDAY.
At my Hanks family Christmas party, my grandma gets gifts for everyone.
Usually for the married couples (+ us) she gets them a loaf of homemade bread and homemade jam. (YUMMMMM!)
This year she still got us the jam (YUMMMMM!) but in place of the bread was this:


This is my Grandma and Grandpa when they were 19 and dating.
Tryin to remember the year...I believe 1941?
(family, correct me if I'm wrong)
How cool of a gift is that?!
My favorite things. Photos with loved ones and memories.
Especially loved ones that are no longer with us.
This is such a treasure to have and I can't wait to someday show it to my grandchildren.
I also can't wait for some of the pictures of Michael and I to be such treasures to our grandkids one day.

xoxoAneciaG

No comments:

Post a Comment