Friday, July 8, 2016

Let's Get Real

Let's get real about potty training.
"It only takes 3 days" they said.
Correction: It takes 3 days of yours and the child's undivided attention. You can't go anywhere. You can't do anything that doesn't involve sitting in the bathroom.

We have been working on this for MONTHS. It just cannot be done in 3 days for us! So if there are any moms out there that work full time outside of the home with a weekend job as well, and you did it in three days, I wanna know your secrets!

I already know what we did wrong. She was doing ok and slowly getting better but one day we actually ran out of clean panties. So, we put her in pull-ups. Total regression. Total regret on my part as well.


This picture was taken in March. I thought we were well on our way to being trained. Wrong.

In fact, I even gave up there for a while. I decided I would let her decide when she was ready. (Because that was advice many many amazing moms had given me.) 

When summer started, with my mom's help and encouragement, we decided to start again. 

She was doing really good and even filled another sticker chart! So we rewarded her.


We went on a walk as a family and got snowcones!

After that we had good days and bad days, but yesterday was one of the worst. She went through seven, SEVEN, pairs of panties. 
I was so fed up. I couldn't contain my emotions and just bawled my eyes out to my mom trying to figure out what it was I was doing wrong.

Then today I get this...


She did so good today! One little accident in the morning but clean and dry the rest of the day! I think she saw how upset I got over the whole thing...

I'm really ready for this whole potty training thing to be over, so I hope we are on our way up!



As a reward we went to the park after work. She loved playing near the water and throwing sticks in.

I think I've gotten every bit of advice ever on potty training so please fill free to comment with words of encouragement! THAT is what I need these days! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment