Thursday, July 14, 2016

7 Months

We are 7 months into this year so far. 7 months is not a long time. I've seen a lot of growth in my baby girl in just 7 short months. Sitting up, cutting teeth, grinning and babbling just to name a few. 7 months ago, on January 7, I lost my Grandpa Gleed. It was 7 months from the time he got sick to the time he passed. So much decline in such a short period of time is hard to watch.

Not quite 7 months later, on July 13, I lost my Grandma Hanks. That's twice in 7 months that I have to receive such a devastating phone call. Twice in 7 months that I have to try and accept that their time here is done. Twice in 7 months I have to say a final "goodbye."

Let me first tell you about my Grandpa. There was a time things were tough between me and my family because of a decision I made that they didn't agree with. It was my Grandpa who made sure that distance was not going to be something permanent.




Now let me tell you about my Grandma. That same time, on the other side of my family, my Grandma didn't care how anyone else was reacting, she was one of the only ones that put my decision aside and still welcomed me into her home with open arms.




My dad's dad and my mom's mom. Two of the most accepting and loving people I know. I learned a lot from that experience. No matter what decisions my children, or any member of my family, were to make, I would stand by them and love them. What a great example they both were and I will carry that with me forever.

I do believe I'll see them both again someday. I do believe they are currently surrounded my loved ones gone before them. I find comfort in that during this difficult time.

A lot can happen in 7 months so tell your family you love them, hug them a little tighter, and soak up all the time with them that you can. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment