Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

It is so hard for me to believe that it has been ten whole years since that tragic day. 

That morning I was headed to class in the 7th grade and I was leaving the commons area when my friend Alex came up to me and asked if I had heard about the planes that had hit the world trade centers. I had no idea what she was talking about and my first thought was, "Wow what a terrible accident." Thinking that a plane accidentally flown too low, or something went wrong with the plane and the pilot lost control. I didn't realize the immensity of it all thinking that a plane full of people were suffering. Little did I know that it was a plane or two plus a building or two. When I got to my science class, the teacher had the news on and I remember the second plance hitting and watching the events that followed. I believe it was the teacher that finally cleared it up for me that it was an attack and these two buildings weren't all there was. I don't remember much else from that day or how I felt. Mostly confused. But now that I understand it all, this day is a sad one and also makes me feel a little fired up about it all.

I am so grateful for the men and women that stepped up that day and every day sense to fight and sacrifice for us.
On this day I keep the families of those lost and suffered in my thoughts.

Years from now my kids and grandkids will ask where I was when the world stopped turning. Where were you when the world stopped turning?

No comments:

Post a Comment